Homemade Sriracha – A Hot Sauce Worth Crowing About!

Homemade Sriracha – A Hot Sauce Worth Crowing About! - Hallo friend Health - Care- Recipes, At the time of this article's titleHomemade Sriracha – A Hot Sauce Worth Crowing About!, we have presented information about cooking , beauty , care , health , recipes that hopefully can provide benefits to our daily life.

See More


Homemade Sriracha – A Hot Sauce Worth Crowing About!

If I had a dollar for every “I can’t find Sriracha, what can I use instead?” email I’ve received, I could eat at every Thai restaurant in town, twice. I usually say to use whatever hot sauce they can get, but alternatives like Tabasco and Frank’s (I don’t put that sh*t on everything), just aren’t the same. No offense.

So, instead of continuing to help people fit spicy, square pegs in hot, round holes, I figured it was time to show just how easy it is to make your own homemade sriracha. I’ve listed exactly what I added below, but when you get to the end of the process, it’s very easy to adjust with extra salt, sugar, and/or vinegar if need be.

I used about 75% red jalapenos, also sold as “Fresno chilies,” and about 25% red Serrano chilies, so this version is probably a bit spicier than the Huy Fong Foods “rooster sauce,” which you’re probably more familiar. 

I don’t want to sound “cocky,” but the flavor, color, and texture are remarkably close. Now, if I just pronounce it right. It sounds fine in my brain, but something happens in my mouth on the way out.

Anyway, this is a fun project, and a really delicious, must-have hot sauce. I hope you give homemade Sriracha a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for about 1 1/2 cups Sriracha:
1 1/2 lbs of red jalapenos and red serranos, stems removed
4 cloves of garlic, peeled
3 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp Kosher salt
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar


here's an article entitled Homemade Sriracha – A Hot Sauce Worth Crowing About!

Hopefully can provide benefits to all of you . Okay , so the posting of our Health - Recipes Care- this time.

You 're reading an article Homemade Sriracha – A Hot Sauce Worth Crowing About! and this article is a url permalink http://collectionwordsin.blogspot.com/2013/09/homemade-sriracha-hot-sauce-worth.html