Chef John’s "Sunset" Michelada – I Only Refer to Myself in the 3rd Person When I Drink

Chef John’s "Sunset" Michelada – I Only Refer to Myself in the 3rd Person When I Drink - Hallo friend Health - Care- Recipes, At the time of this article's titleChef John’s "Sunset" Michelada – I Only Refer to Myself in the 3rd Person When I Drink, we have presented information about cooking , beauty , care , health , recipes that hopefully can provide benefits to our daily life.

See More


Chef John’s "Sunset" Michelada – I Only Refer to Myself in the 3rd Person When I Drink

About halfway through this video production for how to make a Michelada, I realized I was getting paid to drink beer, which made the experience that much more enjoyable, and that’s saying a lot.

This spicy, savory, tangy, amazingly refreshing beer-based cocktail is considered one of the best hot-weather, adult beverages ever. I’ve heard it described as “Bloody Mary meets Mimosa,” which makes me never want to go to brunch again, but it’s also kind of accurate.

While that may not sound like something you would enjoy, most people do, and very much so. And the hotter it is, the more they enjoy, both literally and figuratively.  There’s something about how that slightly bitter, effervescent beer works with the sweet-sour-spicy profile of the other ingredients.

Even though they may seem like odd additions, things like the soy and Worcestershire are very important here, since they bring savoriness, or “umami” as the foodies would call it, to the drink.

I would never wish a horrendous heat wave on anybody, but, if one were to come your way, I hope you give this delicious, and restorative, Michelada “beertail” a try soon. Enjoy!


For Each Michelada:
lots of ice
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp hot sauce or to taste
1/8 tsp soy sauce
juice from half a lime (use other half to rim glasses with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and chili pepper)
1/4 to 1/3 cup tomato juice or homemade vegetable juice (see below)
1/2 bottle ice-cold Mexican lager (6 oz)
lime slices to garnish

For the vegetable juice (makes about 3 cups):
2 pints sweet cherry tomatoes, washed, drained
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
salt and pepper to taste (unless you use a ton on the rim like I did)


here's an article entitled Chef John’s "Sunset" Michelada – I Only Refer to Myself in the 3rd Person When I Drink

Hopefully can provide benefits to all of you . Okay , so the posting of our Health - Recipes Care- this time.

You 're reading an article Chef John’s "Sunset" Michelada – I Only Refer to Myself in the 3rd Person When I Drink and this article is a url permalink http://collectionwordsin.blogspot.com/2015/06/chef-johns-michelada-i-only-refer-to.html