Carrot Cake – So Good, I Make It Every 10 Years

Carrot Cake – So Good, I Make It Every 10 Years - Hallo friend Health - Care- Recipes, At the time of this article's titleCarrot Cake – So Good, I Make It Every 10 Years, we have presented information about cooking , beauty , care , health , recipes that hopefully can provide benefits to our daily life.

See More


Carrot Cake – So Good, I Make It Every 10 Years

If you were thinking we already did a blog post for carrot cake, you are correct, but we never actually did a video, since I was just testing out a written recipe for a side project.  I remember thinking this is a really good carrot cake, and I should film a video for it soon, which I did, 10 years later.

The only major change from the original is that I substituted coconut oil for the vegetable oil.  I would love to tell you what the difference was, but I can’t remember.  Needless to say, this recipe would work with an equal amount of any other dessert-friendly fat, so don’t feel like you need to make any special trips to the store.

If you do go with the coconut oil, you can use a “virgin” coconut oil, which will have a fairly strong coconut aroma, and identifiable flavor, or you can go with a more refined coconut oil, which is virtually odorless and flavorless. I used the latter, but the former would be fine, if that’s what you’re into.

You don’t really need a garnish for the top, since that’s what the cream cheese frosting is, but if you did want to decorate with some candied carrots, simply slice them thin, and boil for a couple minutes in a syrup made from equal parts sugar and water. Accessorize or not, this cake would be fun to make for your Easter table, or just anytime you’re craving a vegetable-based cake, which is why I hope you give it a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for a 13 x 9 Carrot Cake:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon fine salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 cups white sugar
1 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
4 large eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
2 heaping packed cups raw finely grated carrots (or more for a moister cake)
1 can (8 ounce) finely crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts

For the frosting (slightly different ratio from the old version):
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, or to taste
about 3 cups powdered sugar, or to taste


from Food Wishes Video Recipes https://ift.tt/2GiJJU9
cooking , beauty, care , health , recipes


here's an article entitled Carrot Cake – So Good, I Make It Every 10 Years

Hopefully can provide benefits to all of you . Okay , so the posting of our Health - Recipes Care- this time.

You 're reading an article Carrot Cake – So Good, I Make It Every 10 Years and this article is a url permalink http://collectionwordsin.blogspot.com/2018/03/carrot-cake-so-good-i-make-it-every-10.html