Christmas Eggnog – Maybe I Do Like It

Christmas Eggnog – Maybe I Do Like It - Hallo friend Health - Care- Recipes, At the time of this article's titleChristmas Eggnog – Maybe I Do Like It, we have presented information about cooking , beauty , care , health , recipes that hopefully can provide benefits to our daily life.

See More


Christmas Eggnog – Maybe I Do Like It

I’ve never been a big eggnog person, and that’s putting it kindly. It’s too thick, too sweet, and way too artificially nutmegy. I even did an anti-nog tweet recently, just for a few cheap, seasonal laughs, but then I realized I was being unfair to this iconic Christmas drink.

I was basing most of my hating on the stuff in the carton from the supermarket, which features no booze, and a nutrition label you seriously don’t want to read. The homemade stuff I’ve had was significantly better, and so I decided to film this rather easy process, since I get so many requests this time of year.

This recipe does feature raw egg whites, so there’s a very, very tiny chance of a foodborne illness. If you’re concerned, please feel free to use pasteurized eggs, or Google, “how to safely use raw eggs,” or just make something else.

Freshness is the key here. The freshest eggs, milk, and cream you can get, and don’t even think about using pre-ground nutmeg. Maybe this recipe will be the one that finally has you going out to buy that jar of whole nutmeg and grater, but it really is the key. I hope you give this luscious liquid custard a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for about 6 servings:

For the custard base:
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup white sugar
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
cook to 170-180 F. , then add;
2 to 3 ounces bourbon whiskey
3/4 teaspoon freshly and very finely grated nutmeg

For the meringue:
4 egg whites
1 tablespoon white sugar

- Add meringue to cold custard base, mix, and chill until very cold. Whisk thoroughly before pouring.


here's an article entitled Christmas Eggnog – Maybe I Do Like It

Hopefully can provide benefits to all of you . Okay , so the posting of our Health - Recipes Care- this time.

You 're reading an article Christmas Eggnog – Maybe I Do Like It and this article is a url permalink http://collectionwordsin.blogspot.com/2015/12/christmas-eggnog-maybe-i-do-like-it.html